Are you happy with the results from last night? Pissed off beyond belief? Either way, you could probably use a drink, so you’re in the right place. Check out these Oscar-worthy cocktails and keep the party going because, let’s face it, who really likes Mondays anyway?
Grey Goose Femme Confidante
- 35ml GREY GOOSE L’Orange
- 20ml cold Lady Grey tea sourced from the Rare Tea Company
- 10ml Grand Marnier
- 3 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- 1 dash of Peychauds bitters
Method: Stir and strain into a coupe glass and garnish with both a lemon and orange peel.
Basil Hayden’s Golden Spice
- 1 part Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
- Sparkling Apple Juice
Method: Add Basil Hayden’s Bourbon to a champagne flute. Fill the remainder of the glass with sparkling apple juice. Garnish with a sliced apple.
The Lowlands Highball
- 1 1/2 ounces Haig Club Single Grain Scotch Whisky
- 1/3 ounce Breckenridge Bitters
- 3/4 ounce Yuzu (mixed with lemon – 3 parts lemon: 1 part yuzu)
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup
- Port-Pomegranate Ice*
- 1 – 1 1/4 ounces Bitter Lemon Soda
Method: Combine all ingredients, except soda, in a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake gently. Strain into Collins glass over flavored ice. Top with bitter-lemon soda. Mist with oil from orange twist, place twist on glass for garnish.
*Port-Pomegranate Ice Cube: Combine 1/2 ounce water, 1/4 ounce pomegranate juice and 1/4 ounce ruby port. Pour into ice trays and freeze overnight.
Courvoisier One-Two Punch
- 2 parts Courvoisier VS Cognac
- 1 part Fresh Squeezed Grapefruit Juice
- ½ part Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- ½ part Honey Syrup
Method: Mix all ingredients in punch bowl with sliced grapefruit & lemon wheels. Serve over fresh ice.
The Redmayne Rouge (pictured)
- ½ part St-Germain French Elderflower Liqueur
- ½ part Martini & Rossi Sparkling Rosé
Method: Pour St-Germain into a chilled fluted glass, and top with Martini & Rossi Sparkling Rosé. Stir lightly. Float half a strawberry or garnish with an edible flower.