The biggest game in college basketball is here, so what else is there to do but mix up a drink, turn it on, and get wild. Mix these up and the [Tar Heels or Wildcats] won’t be the only winners tonight!
- 1.5 oz. 1800 Silver
- 0.5 oz. Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 0.5 oz. Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 0.5 oz. Lime Juice Cordial
- 0.25 oz. Green Chartreuse
Method: Shake with ice and strain into an ice-filled rocks glass.
The Tarheel Three Pointer
- 2 oz Jose Cuervo Especial Silver
- 1/4 oz shot triple sec
- 1/4 oz shot Bols Blue Curacao Liqueur
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
Method: Shake with ice and strain into an ice-filled rocks glass. Garnish with a lime wedge.
The Buzzer Beater
- 1.5 oz. Captain Morgan Cannon Blast
- 0.5 oz. Cranberry Juice
Method: Shake with ice and strain into a shot glass.
- 1.3 oz. George Dickel Rye Whisky
- 0.5 oz. lemon juice
- 0.25 oz. ginger syrup
- 1 tsp. simple syrup
- 0.75 oz. sparkling water
- Mint leaves
Method: Muddle, shake, and double-strain into a punch glass or coupe.
So, sometimes it’s okay to forgo booze and just get all pumped up on Red Bull. With March Madness at its height, there’s no better time to feel all that energy coursing through your veins as your team (or, at least, the team that you put as a winner in the office pool) is taking the other to task. Or something like that.
Anyway, here are four Red Bull cocktails for all your sports-watching needs.
Orange Sunset Swish
- 1/2 Jalapeño Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Grenadine Syrup
- 3/4 cup Red Bull Orange Edition
- Lime Wedge
Method: Gently muddle the jalapeño and grenadine syrup in a hi-ball glass. Add ice, pour Red Bull Orange Edition into glass and stir all contents together. Squeeze lime wedge over beverage.
- 3/4 cup Piña Colada Mix
- 1 cup (8oz) of chopped strawberries
- 2 whole strawberries
- 1/2 cup Red Bull Yellow Edition
- 2 cups of ice
Method: With the exception of the 2 whole strawberries, place all ingredients into a blender and blend for 10 seconds. Pour into (2) 16 oz Hurricane glasses and garnish each glass with 1 whole strawberry.
Blackberry Buzzer Beater
- 6 blackberries, reserve 1 for garnish
- 1 inch chunk of ginger root, peeled
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup Red Bull Blue Edition
Method: Muddle the 5 blackberries and ginger in a low-ball glass. Pour lemon juice to mixture and Red Bull Blue Edition into glass and add ice. Stir all contents together and garnish with a blackberry.
Cosmic Red Rebound
- 8 red seedless grapes
- 2 basil leaves
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/4 cup Red Bull Red Edition
- 1 orange slice for garnish
Method: Muddle the red seedless grapes and two basil leaves in a cocktail shaker. Add the orange juice and ice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Pour drink into a martini glass. Top with 2 oz Red Bull Red Edition and garnish with an orange slice.